Thursday, August 28, 2008

Election 08

Please forgive me when I say this but up until this point I hadn’t really put much thought into this year’s coming election. I mean I might have listened to the television if someone was speaking about it and I might have had an occasional chat about it on the telephone but nothing outstanding. That was until Ray got laid off of his job for the second time in one year. OUCH! Talk about a low blow. Then, it suddenly dawned on me that this country was in trouble and our economy was hurting and it is hurting bad. It is affecting families in the worst way. Our bank accounts are empty, we are about to lose our health insurance coverage, and there’s barely enough food to keep on the table. Its crunch time and something has got to change. Now is when we as a family can contribute to change in this country and that is something I’m ready to act on. We will be voting in 08 and hopefully 09 will be a better year.

No comments: