Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Headaches Grrr


The one thing I don’t look forward to during being pregnant are those pesky headaches. I’m not just talking about your average headache either. I’m talking about the kind of headache that is all in your neck, shoulders, behind your eyes, and throbbing in your temples. Grr it makes me so mad just thinking about it and nothing I do seems to help. Not to mention the medication you can take during pregnancy is slim pickings’.

I tried to read up on pregnancy headaches but there doesn’t seem to be one pin pointing cause. Some experts say they are caused by high blood pressure, while others say it’s related to the rise in estrogen during pregnancy. Who knows? All I know is it sucks.

Today I’m going on day three of having the same headache. Last night I asked my wonderful husband to get me the heating pad and he responded by rolling his eyes. Now talk about a rise in blood pressure ha. It took everything in me to contain my raging pregnancy hormones. He did end up getting it for me and then politely asked if I needed anything else. Oy, I tell you…men!

No comments: