Wednesday, May 23, 2012

We have a graduate


Rayce graduated from preschool yesterday! A huge accomplishment and we are so proud of him. The ceremony was super cute and everyone thoroughly enjoyed it. I am so grateful for his amazing school and super awesome teachers. He worked really hard over the last 6 months to get ready for kindergarten. I cannot tell you how far he has come. If you remember, it was previously thought that Rayce would not be ready for kinder this coming fall. It is so nice to see that finally, all of our hard work has paid off.



He will still remain in special education 20% of the time this year and be in general education for the remaining 80%.  He still continues to need assistance in the classroom with his fine motor skills, (writing and cutting) as well as, monitoring of his behavior. His IEP (individual education plan) this year allows him to have segregated time to calm down if he gets out of hand or if he gets over stimulated. Although, I think he is going to do great in elementary and just blossom from here on out.

Here are a few pictures we took on yesterdays occasion:

My handsome graduate

Rayce and I

His super awesome Shining Stars Preschool

Performing songs

Going over the bridge (I cried)

Super awesome teachers

Grad cookie!




Did I mention I am proud?!

No comments: