Monday, March 23, 2009

Afternoon in L&D

The pain started last night at around 2 in the morning. A pain that I had never felt before. It felt like I needed to go poo so, I got up and went to the bathroom and nothing. So I just shrugged it off and went back to bed then, the pain woke me up again. So, I sat there debating what to do and decided it was probably nothing so I went back to sleep. Well, when I woke up this morning it started up again only this time it was radiating to my lower back and vise verse so I decided to give my doc a call. Rayce was being a total jerk and he was not in the mood to let me rest which was making matters worse. I was hurting and I just wanted to lay down. Finally, they returned my call around lunch time and by this time I was annoyed. The nurse asks me a series of questions and determines she needs to speak with a doctor so, the waiting game began again.

She finally calls back around 1:30 and asks me how I'm feeling? I said I'm still in pain. She goes "OK, I want you to go to the hospital to be monitored for preterm labor." Gulp, panic time! Because...

I still needed to take a shower, I had tried to take one earlier in the morning but the wind blew out our hot water heater and I had to wait for Ray to come home to relight it during his lunch break. Also, I had to scramble to find Rayce a baby sitter because he was sleeping so I couldn't just take him with me or drop him off somewhere. Then, I didn't want to go alone so, I had to call Ray at work to see if he could come with me, in between all this I had to remember to breathe! I did all this and managed to be out the door by 2:20, score!

So, I get to the hospital and the admissions process was pretty quick. I signed a few forms and they took me back. I get all hooked up and sure enough I'm having a few mild contractions but nothing to major. Once, again I'm asked a series of questions and then my doctors arrives and says the baby looks fine but I have a feeling it might be something else. She says she needs to blood work so again I sit and wait. One hour passes and still no blood work lady. So, I decide to move the monitor so it starts beeping and the nurse is forced to come in and check on me. She goes "they haven't come to draw your blood yet?" Uh, no lady! Finally, they come to draw my blood and again I sit and wait! Meanwhile, I have no cell phone service so I can't call or text all my lovely peeps to let them know whats going on. So annoying!

At last a light at the end of the tunnel! (3 hours later) Contractions are mild, baby looks great, we suspect you're having gall bladder problems. WTF? Call the office tomorrow to set up an ultrasound appointment because you need to be fasting to have the test. Sigh. All that for that? Yep, pretty much!

On the positive side, I'm glad it wasn't contractions because I am not ready not have this baby. On the other side, I'm still in pain and they're not sure what's causing it. Hopefully I will have more answers later in the week.

No comments: