Thursday, December 4, 2008

Learning New Words Everyday

I am so proud of Rayce! He is making great strides and learning new words every day. Ray and I have been working with him diligently and it is finally paying off. Rayce’s vocabulary has grown and really taken off just in the past 2 weeks. Some of the words he is saying now are:

Ball
Balloon (boon)
Banana (nana)
Daddy (da-ee)
Dog (bog)
Hi
Hello
Hungry (un-gee)
More (nah)
Wow
Yeah
Yay!

This is so exciting! It may not seem like a big deal to some but for me it is HUGE. Also, he can now identify some letters by site and also recite them. Some of the letters he can identify are A (his favorite and often calls all letters this) O L and S. Again I am so proud of him. I knew he had it him; it simply took time like everyone said. We will continue to work with him daily and hopefully, soon he will be talking so much we won’t be able to shut him up. What a blessing that would be. ;)

No comments: