Tuesday, December 2, 2008

19 weeks!


Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

I can't believe I'm almost half way there. Where has the time gone? I'm feeling great these days. I still get sick about once a week but for the most part I feel good. Rayce keeps me on my toes and I am forced to stay active so I think that helps a lot.

I started having tailbone pain and numbness in my legs when on my feet for too long. My OB seems to think it's a pinched nerve. Joy! My heating pad and favorite recliner have been my best friend in times like this. As time goes on I think this can get real fun.

Only 2.5 more weeks until our big u/s!! I cannot wait!

No comments: